Date(s) - 15/02/2020
Zadal: Radim Hladík
PALA 2020: Style and Sense(s)
Extended to February 15, 2020
PALA 2020 will give pride of space to sense and senses, investigating how body and mind are inextricably linked, how emotions are both conveyed and perceived, how impressions, thoughts and worldviews can be induced by a certain style, a certain structure, a certain word. PALA 2020 will be the occasion to revisit of the notion of mindstyle but also to explore other styles that connect to the body and senses.
The Aix-en-Provence 2020 PALA conference thus welcomes presentations exploring how style makes sense, how readers make sense of style, what senses are appealed to in different genres of texts, how narrators/authors go about orientating or disorientating sense and cognition to mirror meaningful or senseless worlds. All stylistic approaches, tools and methods are welcome to investigate how language, written, oral, visual, gestual, is used in relation to sense and sensibility.
Abstracts and poster proposals need to be sent online through this website. To do so, you will need to create an account.
Here is how to proceed:
- Go to https://pala.sciencesconf.org/
- Go to login, in the drop-down menu, select ‚create an account’ and create a login and password.
- You’ll receive an activation email that will direct you to an authentication page. Enter your newly created username and password
- On the website, click on MY SPACE and then on MY SUBMISSION (in the menu)
- Fill in the title and abstract (no more than 300 words, references included, no more than 5 references), select either ‘POSTER’ or ‘ABSTRACT’, and add keywords.
- Make sure you indicate clearly if you wish your paper to be considered for a Special Interest Groups (SIGs). All abstracts for SIGS need to be sent via the website and then copied to the SIG organiser(s) Information about the SIGS and Posters is available on this site